Lupo AX 120 Ski Boot
Dalbello's Lupo AX 120 Ski Boot has that tough-to-achieve combination of feeling light on the uphill and charging hard on the downhill; it's the combination that hard-charging freeriders look for when they're hunting powdery stashes and big lines in the backcountry. Unlike most backcountry boots with a two-piece shell, the Lupo's unique three-piece construction retains a long-lasting stiffness of 120 that doesn't break down over a single season; in fact, the flex is so reliable that you shouldn't have a problem riding it in the resort.
The three-piece construction—code-named Cabrio—uses a shell, cuff, and tongue to give the boot a smoother power transmission, a dynamic rebound, and excellent shock absorption. Since Dalbello already uses Cabrio for all its dedicated alpine boots, it only makes sense that it would apply the same design to an AT boot by utilizing a removable tongue instead of a flimsy overlap shell that will eventually hit a wall when the boot is flexed forward. The shell also features Dalbello's wide Hyperband power strap for more comfort and control while skiing.
Inside the boot, Dalbello inserted a thermo-moldable IF Air liner that conforms to your foot after a heating process for a customized feel. This Air version is more breathable and warmer than Dalbello's usual liners. Combine that with a comfier 100mm last, and you're ready for touring to the farthest reaches of mountain ranges in search for the best snow in the backcountry. Underfoot, the boot's Vibram rubber toe stays solid when you encounter icy ridges, and you can interchange them with alpine DIN or touring soles for versatility in or out of the resort.
- Hard-charging, freeride-friendly touring boot for backcountry
- Stiff 120 flex for skiing aggressively in the backcountry
- Comfier 100mm last accommodates moderately wide feet
- Three-piece Cabrio construction delivers a progressive forward flex
- Removable tongue allows for 67-degree rotation while skinning
- IF Air liner is thermo-moldable for customized comfort
- GripWalk interchangeable sole made with Vibram rubber
- Item #DBL004J
- Last Width
- FP-100 aluminum
- Walk Mode
- Thermo-moldable Liner
- IF Air
- Liner Closure
- power strap
- Binding Compatibility
- Xtra Grip High Traction with Vibram rubber
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 10oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
September 3, 2019
Is this the 19/20 model??