Smyth Pure 2L Jacket
When the big storm hits, the Dakine Smyth Pure 2L Jacket serves up a serious dose of waterproof and breathable protection so you can stop worrying about getting wet and cold and start shredding some deep pow. Its two-layer Gore-Tex shell acts as a wall between you and the elements, and its fully taped seams ensure that not a drop of moisture seeps through. For those days when you're hiking to your favorite powder stash, Dakine made sure you've got large mesh-lined underarm vents to let body heat escape. Wrist gaiters with thumbholes eliminate the pesky gap that can form between your gloves and the jacket's cuffs, while a fixed powder skirt ensures you don't end up with a cold shot of snow up your back when you wipe out after sending a big sidecountry drop. You can jam out as you ride with a media-compatible chest pocket, and store all your other mountain essentials in the rest of the inner and outer pockets.
- Shred through stormy powder days in this waterproof shell jacket
- Gore-Tex membrane shuts out everything from dry powder to wet mixes
- Mesh-lined underarm vents give you ventilation when you need it
- Stowable powder skirt keeps out cold snow when you're waist deep
- Wrist gaiters prevent cold wind from sneaking in
- Internal and external pockets provide all the storage you need
- Media-compatible chest pocket lets you crank your tunes
- Item #DAK01FK
- Q & A
Doesn't block Wind as well as Id like..
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XXL
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 249lbs
I actually really enjoy the jacket but I have found that Wind gets through the jacket more then I would like for a Gore-Tex product. It does a killer job of blocking out moisture and fits really well. I am going to invest in a insulated jacket for the Wind issues and I have already picked up the 3 layer Gore-Tex option from Dakine. I would recommend having proper under layers but aside from that I am digging it!