Select Style & Size
Poacher RAS 18L Pack
Poach epic backcountry lines with the Dakine Poacher RAS 18L pack. The lightweight and slimmed down pack cuts back on size to carry the essentials needed during single day missions in the backcountry. When the skintrack turns into technical climbing, strap the skis or board onto the pack with a few carry options to traverse rocky ridgelines or ascend a steep couloir. The zippered front panel easily stores a probe and shovel or other tools that can be accessed quickly in the event of an emergency, and the backpanel main compartment stores a jacket, snacks, water, or anything else to bring along during a day spent in the mountains.
- A light and fast pack for backcountry tours and missions
- 18 liter volume hauls the necessities in the mountains
- Snowboard and ski carry options for when the climb gets technical
- Back panel main compartment holds a jacket or gloves on the approach
- Zippered front panel holds a shovel and probe for quick access
- Shoulder strap pocket carries a two-way radio or insulated hydration
- Front helmet carry keeps a helmet secured on the skintrack
- Item #DAK01E8
- 840D nylon ripstop
- 18L (1098cu in)
- mammut removable airbag system 3.0 (sold separately)
- 1 zippered goggle pocket, 1 zippered front panel, 1 zippered main compartment, 1 zippered shoulder strap, 1 roll top airbag
- Ski Carry
- a-frame, diagonal
- Snowboard Carry
- Helmet Carry
- 21.5 x 11 x 5.5in
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, backcountry snowshoeing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
December 26, 2019
Dakine quality is bomber. Hands down. The design of this pack is so deeply flawed that I have no choice but to give it away (just ripped the tags off too). This pack cannot be used with the R.A.S. system in conjunction with your shovel/probe. You have to choose one or the other which is an unacceptable proposition. With the R.A.S. in place, we tried four different shovels and three different probes (260,270,300) and were unable to make anything work. The 260 probe works although it still puts a lot of pressure on the airbag and is somewhat crooked. The shovel handle would not fit in any scenario with the blade attached or detached. I have the 26L Poacher R.A.S. which works great with any of these setups, but this is such a trash design that I wonder if some stoner idiot just sewed up a prototype and it went into production without anybody actually trying this out. In the words of Donny T: Sad!
March 1, 2020
Thanks for the heads up Matt!
November 12, 2018
Great quality from Dakine!
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Only got to using it once so far and from what I can tell it's a solid backpack, the helmet carry system is incredibly rad and the ability to add a airbag down the line is great! I'd give it more stars if i could!