Be ready for the mission.
Every mission into the backcountry demands a solid backpack to get you to the top of your line. Dakine's Limited Mission Pro 25L Backpack allows you to carry your board vertically or horizontally, and it also features a diagonal carrying capacity in case you need to strap up your splitboard for a steep climb. The DK Impact Spine Protector provides some extra shock absorption for when you take a tumble in the trees or rocky terrain, and the fleece-lined goggle pocket holds an extra pair for storm days. Plus, the bag includes an insulated hose sleeve so your water won't freeze halfway through the tour.
- A backpack for resort and backcountry snowboarding
- Diagonal, horizontal or vertical snowboard carry straps
- Dedicated avalanche tool compartment keeps essentials secure
- Fleece-lined goggle pocket stows a fresh pair of lenses
- DK Impact Spine Protector helps absorb impact from crashes
- Insulated hydration sleeve keeps water flowing in cold conditions
- Item #DAK013U
- Q & A
Great Pack-Check Board Width
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Purchased this pack to replace mine that had been going strong for over a decade, so expectations were pretty high for quality. Overall the construction feels solid and comfortable, and I like how the outside is very simple which prevents you from having multiple pieces of gear hanging off unnecessarily. The interior fits a shovel well, but a probe sleeve might have been a nice addition. A few zippered and open pockets to keep items organized is well thought out, and again simplicity takes over. The goggle pocket is nice for long hikes, but the vertical snowboard carry straps seem to be a bit short, and might not fit a wide board where you want it to sit.