Forget the pack.
When a vest and a backpack love each other very much, they make what Dakine calls the Heli Vest. Unlike your conventional backpack, this vest cuts the superlative and only holds room for the essentials: like your snow tools, radio, touring skins, hydration bladder, and of course, tunes. What would normally equate to a bulky backpack stacked onto your spine and shoulders is now an evenly dispersed item of clothing that can be cinched down to provide a customized fit. And since you’ll be carrying the lightest amount of weight with your skis or snowboard close to your body on the hike up, you’re the first one to the top. On the way down, you have the freedom to send it off the highest ledges and into the steepest bowls without your pack throwing you off balance.
- Minimalist backcountry pack-vest for safe descents
- Diagonal ski carry and vertical snowboard carry capable
- Low-profile main compartment fits snow shovel and probe
- Adjustable side compression straps offer a stable ride
- Organizer pockets for less fumbling time for gear
- Breathable mesh interior
- Hydration pack compatible (reservoir not included)
- Item #DAK011C