Carryall for the heli, cat, or chairlift.
Some backcountry missions don't require a full touring pack—for those quick, out-of-the-gate, powder-seeking missions or heli-assist days, the Dakine Heli Pro 20L Backpack is a solid choice. The pack's compact design carries a shovel, probe, and extra layer, while straps along the front of the pack carries a board or pair of skis for the bootpack. Throw a hydration reservoir in the internal sleeve to stay hydrated on the skintrack or stash a bladder of el vino in there to stay well-lubed for closing day at the resort.
- A snowboarding and skiing pack for the resort, backcountry, or heli
- Laptop sleeve makes the pack ready to transition to work or school
- Vertical board and diagonal ski-carry hauls your gear to the drop
- Fleece-lined google pocket protects lenses from undue wear
- Hydration sleeve is bladder ready for on-the-go sipping
- Zippered organization pocket lets you stash gear, snacks, and extras
- Sternum-strap whistle lets you sound off in case of emergency
- Side-buckle straps help dial down kit into lower profile
- Item #DAK011A
- Q & A
Awesome Basic Pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is my go to pack for short tours and sidecountry bootpacks. I have the model from a few year back and it's still in great shape. Big enough to fit all your avy gear, water and snacks, plus any extra gloves or baselayers. Not quite big enough for your jacket or a puffy so I hook that on the outside of it. The diagonal ski carry is easy to use and very sturdy. If you're looking for a good pack that won't break the bank get this one!