It pays to have a solid grip on your bars when you're ripping downhill in a blur of reckless abandon. That's where the Dakine Cross X Glove comes into play, with its AX Suede Deuce palm and silicone-coated fingers delivering secure grip and precise brake feel. For comfort on lengthy descents, foam padding dissipates unruly vibration without sacrificing bar feel. This rugged glove protects your hands with neoprene knuckles deflecting the sting of crashes and trail abrasion. Four-way stretch polyester along the backside promotes breathability and flex, so your hands are free to move without overheating. And for those uphill slogs where you're dripping with sweat, the microfiber thumb softly wipes your forehead.
- Ride downhill with a secure, tough, and comfortable grip on the bars
- Moisture-wicking, stretchy airmesh keeps your hands cool and dry
- Ax Suede Deuce palm provides bomber durability and a locked-on grip
- Foam padding helps soak up harsh impact and vibration
- Neoprene knuckle flex panel bolster protection and mobility
- Polygiene anti-odor treatment keeps things smelling fresh
- Touchscreen-compatibility helps you stay connected on the ride
- Microfleece nose wipe panel keeps your face clear in comfort
- Item #DAK01LA
California Proposition 65
- Q & A
Grip it and rip it
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
After losing a pair of these a few years back, I tried some less expensive Dakine gloves (the Coverts, I believe). I'm happy to be back to the Cross-X. The Coverts were fine enough, but not having a velcro strap at the wrist to ensure a good fit led to some blisters on longer rides. The Cross-X is noticeably more comfortable, has a better/tighter fit, and I love the extra padding and protection in important areas. Not the cheapest glove out there, but also not the most expensive. I think you get what you pay for - in this case, a solid enduro/trail glove that offers the right amount of comfort and protection for most applications. For reference, my hands measure 20.5 cm/8 inches from base of palm to tip of middle finger, and the size Large is a dialed fit.