Select style & size:Select options
Trusty companion for big walls.
One of the premiere big wall climbs in Yosemite, The Nose offers 31 pitches up nearly 3000 feet of solid granite. Named after this epic climb, the CRKT NIAD (Nose in a Day) Climbing Knife was designed by none other than climbing legend Hans Florine who held the speed record up The Nose from 2012 to 2017. Using decades of his climbing experience on big walls, Hans designed the NIAD Climbing Knife to be ultra-lightweight and extremely compact, as well as sharp enough to cut through old webbing anchors with its Veff Flat Top Serrations.
The NIAD Climbing Knife features a stainless steel blade and titanium handle for corrosion-resistance and rugged durability, so it'll stand up to whatever rigors the route throws its way. It ingeniously folds to a mere 2.5 inches in length, meaning it's barely bigger than a standard house key and weights a scant 17 grams. Once folded, you won't have to worry about the blade cutting or nicking your skin, as it rests flat against the titanium handle. Another cool feature is the ability to clip it directly to a carabiner or lanyard for drop-free peace of mind when you're 2000 feet off the ground.
- Ultra-compact climbing knife for trad climbers and big walls
- Veff Flat Top Serrations for cutting through rope and webbing
- Folds up to 2.5 inches in length and only weighs 0.6 oz
- Stainless steel blade and titanium handle won't rust out
- Blade sits flush with handle once it's folded for safety
- Handle clips to a carabiner for drop-free convenience
- Designed by Hans Florine, who once held the speed record up The Nose
- Item #CKT001Y