Why We Like The Mallet Boa Mountain Bike Shoe
Whether we're racing or hitting up the bike park, we're wearing the Mallet Boa Mountain Bike Shoe. Crank Brothers' Match System optimizes engagement for nearly any mountain bike clip-in system, and they come with pre-installed cleats in a neutral position so we can get riding right away. Crank Brothers' mid-friction rubber compound holds up to wear and tear, and the tread pattern offers improved traction on and off the bike.
- Mountain bike shoes that leave us ready to ride
- BOA closure system allows for easy micro-adjustments
- Hidden eyelets ward off mud and debris
- Heel dots grip our foot and reduce slippage
- Mesh windows and a perforated toe improves breathability
- A reinforced toe protects from hits and impact
- Item #CRNH014
- Upper Material
- dial, hook-and-loop
- mid-friction rubber compound
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [size 9] 15oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
- downhill, enduro
What do you think about this product?
August 28, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 4"
- 207 lbs
I wear a size 11 in vans and bought these in size 11 and they fit perfect. I use them with Shimano XT PD-M8120 pedals and they work fine; I've had no problem clipping in or out. I've probably put about 50 miles on them and a fair amount of those miles were spent walking up mountains and these did fine. They're not hiking shoes, but they weren't terribly uncomfortable either. My main issue with boa system is that I thought I wouldn't get a dialed-in (pun intended) fit, but that wasn't the case with these. The big strap helps lock your foot in too. The downside is that they're a bit pricey, so maybe steal them if you can.