Upgraded strength and resiliency.
Consider the Candy 2 Pedals by Crank Brothers a major upgrade over the cheaper versions, due to the 6061-T6 aluminum body, which provides added resiliency and strength when you inevitably bash these on rocks, roots, and unforgiving trail surfaces. They're still incredibly versatile, lending themselves to everything from cyclocross racing to fast-paced XC and aggressive trail rides where the slightly larger platform and four-sided entry makes it fast and intuitive to clip in.
The Candy 2s are an awesome choice for the gravel grinder and trail rider seeking something that's both easy to use and a bit more durable than cheaper composite versions. Its four-sided entry sheds muck every time you clip in, meaning you won't have any issues getting the cleat to engage when your mountain bike shoes are caked with mud. Customizable release angles of 15 and 20 degrees allow you to bail quickly during sketchy situations on the trail, or maintain a bit more security for descending at high speeds.
- Upgraded strength and resiliency over composite versions
- 6061-T6 aluminum body withstands repeated trail abuse
- Four-sided entry makes it easy to locate and clip-in
- Textured body adds a bit more grip when it's slippery
- Mud-shedding design works great on mucky trails
- Customizable release angles of 15 or 20 degrees
- Includes Crank Brothers Premium Brass Cleats
- Item #CRN003K
- [body] 6061-T6 aluminum, [spindle] forged scm 435 chromoly steel, [wing] stamped steel, [spring] 300-series stainless steel
- Crank Brothers premium brass cleats (included)
- Entry / Release
- 15 - 20°
- Pedal Wrench Type
- 8mm hex
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 12.5oz (355g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm . For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov