Select style & size:Select options
Skin smarter, not harder.
Tired of the lack of innovation in climbing skins, Contour took it upon themselves to revolutionize backcountry travel with the Hybrid Free Climbing Skins. They have a split design that not only allows them to fit any width of ski, but also leaves the middle exposed for improved glide, less weight, and more efficient packability. But the innovation doesn't stop there—they also employ an innovative Hybrid glue technology that sticks securely to your ski bases for reliability when you're skinning, yet pulls off your skis and separates from itself almost effortlessly, so you don't need to take off your skis to remove them or have a partner help you pull them apart in the parking lot. And since the glue is applied in sheets rather than melted on, it's much less temperature sensitive than standard glues, so it still performs well in bitter-cold temperatures. And when the adhesive gets covered in dirt and grit, you can simply clean it with warm water and mild soap so that it's like new again.
- Game-changing tech and design for backcountry travel
- Split design improves glide and packability and reduces weight
- Hybrid glue technology makes skins easier to pull apart
- Less temperature sensitive than standard skins
- Mohair blend for optimal mix of glide, grip, and durability
- Adhesive can be cleaned with warm water and mild soap
- Adjustable tip and tail clips for easy fit
- Item #VHR001K