Select style & size:Select options
Nimble and quick.
The Continental Cross King 26in Tire (previously known as the X-King), maximizes your rolling speed on everything from undulating forest trails to hard-packed dirt winding along mountainsides. As its name suggests, it's intended for cross-country riding and racing with its small block tread that rolls fast and offers confidence-inspiring grip across smoother trails and even moderate rock gardens. For trail riders, it's a popular choice for a rear tire, seeing it's fast to roll and accelerates quickly out of corners. In these instances, trail riders usually pair the Cross King with a burlier Trail or Mountain King in the front for a bit more traction and confidence across the rough stuff.
The Cross King enjoys the tacky grip and minimal rolling resistance afforded by its BlackChili compound, which balances high levels of traction with fast-rolling speed—making it an ideal compound for cross-country racing and trail usage as a rear tire. It's reinforced from slits and punctures with Continental's Protection layer, giving you peace of mind while riding hard and fast across rugged terrain, such as rocks and roots. Additionally, it's tubeless-ready, so you can significantly lower tire pressures to gain higher levels of traction and bump-smoothing support.
- Fast-rolling tire for cross-country riding and racing
- Works well as a rear tire for many trail riding scenarios
- Small block tread rolls fast and grips over smooth trails
- BlackChili compound for tacky grip, low rolling resistance
- Protection layer prevents punctures and slits on the trail
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality
- Item #CON004W