Select style & size:Select options
Continental developed the Trail King 27.5in Tire with voluminous support and tenacious traction to match modern trail and all-mountain machines with increasingly slack geometry figures and longer travel designs. This aggressive tire excels when the trail turns steep and technical, thanks to its multitude of small, angular knobs biting onto the trail, regardless if it's the perfect loam we all dream about in Northern California or the famed slickrock mesas of Southern Utah.
What really makes the Trail King Tire stand out is its larger casing volume, which is significantly wider when you match its size to other tires in this category (take this into consideration when looking at the clearance of your frame and fork). This affords bump-smoothing support and relentless traction over loose dirt and rock gardens, as you can run a much lower tire pressure to compensate, especially seeing its tubeless-ready design. Additionally, Continental now offers a 2.6-inch option that's significantly wider than the already-gargantuan 2.4 Trail King, but without being as slow or sluggish to respond as some plus-sized tires you'd find on 27.5+ bike.
This particular Trail King features Continental's BlackChili compound, which strikes just the right balance between relatively fast rolling speed and all-out grip, all without sacrificing longevity when you're smashing it on the trail and logging serious miles throughout the riding season. It's reinforced against cuts and punctures with Continental's Protection Apex, which is up to the task of serious thrashings common to aggressive trail and all-mountain riding.
- Aggressive tire designed for slacked-out, long-travel rigs
- Voluminous casing affords greater support over rough terrain
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance while riding hard
- Multitude of small knobs provide tenacious grip on the trail
- BlackChili compound balances rolling speed with traction
- Protection Apex reinforces tire from punctures and slits
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality and materials
- Item #CON004R