Select Style & Size
Mountain King Tire 27.5in
Whether your favorite trails reside along the coastal rainforests of the Pacific Northwest or wind along the dusty singletrack and exposed slickrock of the Desert Southwest, the Continental Mountain King 27.5in Tire excels in a wide variety of conditions you'll encounter on the trail. This particular 27.5in version of the Mountain King is available in two sizes, giving you the ability to run it on a regular trail bike in 2.3-inch form or use it on modern machines with extra clearance in 2.6-inch form. The voluminous 2.6-inch version of this tire provides excellent levels of grip and smooth-riding feel across the harshest of terrain, but without being overly vague or squishy like some plus-sized options on the market.
The Mountain King is an extremely versatile tire that performs extraordinarily well across a myriad of trail ecosystems and terrain types, thanks to its continuous central knobs with generous spacing for shedding mud and muck after a recent rainfall. Grippy outer lugs give you confidence and control as you lean into corners and sweeping berms, plus the sidewall is re-engineered over the original version to deliver heightened levels of support while riding at high speeds across rough terrain.
Continental's BlackChili compound offers an excellent balance of fast-rolling speed and tacky grip on those moist rocks and mossy root sections in the forest. It's reinforced with Continental's Protection layer that fends off punctures and slits when you're pummeling across rugged stretches of trail with rocks and roots aplenty. Additionally, you'll find it's tubeless-ready, so you can gain the benefits of running lower pressures on the trail to improve your overall traction and bump compliance.
- Versatile tire for everything from desert dust to forest loam
- Designed for everyday trail riding and all-mountain pursuits
- Continuous central tread pattern rolls fast and grips well
- Well-spaced lugs clear mud when it's wet and mucky
- BlackChili compound balances fast-rolling with grip
- Protection layer against slits and punctures
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality
- Item #CON004U
- 27.5 x 2.3 in, 27.5 x 2.6 in
- tubeless-ready clincher
- 4 plies/240 tpi
- Claimed Weight
- [27.5 x 2.3 in] 705 g, [27.5 x 2.6 in] 815 g
- Recommended Use
- enduro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?