Select style & size:Select options
Reign supreme over singletrack.
From moist, tacky singletrack winding through old growth hemlock to dry, dusty trails climbing up desert mesas littered with pinyon pines and sagebrush, the Continental Mountain King 29in Tire is re-engineered with an updated tread profile and sidewall for greater traction and support in a wide variety of conditions you'll experience on the trail. It's really a versatile tire that'll perform extraordinarily well in everything from dusty deserts to soaking-wet coastal forests and even through mud, thanks to its well-spaced central lugs that clean themselves with every turn of the wheel and grippy outer lugs that bite when you're leaning into corners and rounding berms.
Continental's BlackChili compound offers an excellent balance of fast rolling speed and tacky grip on those moist rocks and mossy root sections in the forest. It's reinforced with Continental's Protection layer that fends off punctures and slits when you're pummeling across rugged stretches of trail with rocks and roots aplenty. Additionally, you'll find it's tubeless-ready, so you can gain the benefits of running lower pressures on the trail to subsequently improve your overall traction and bump compliance.
- Versatile tire for everything from desert dust to forest loam
- Designed for everyday trail riding and all-mountain pursuits
- Continuous central tread pattern rolls fast and grips well
- Well-spaced lugs clear mud when it's mucky on the trail
- BlackChili compound balances grip with fast-rolling speed
- Protection layer against slits and punctures
- Tubeless-ready for self-sealing reassurance
- Handmade in Germany with exceptional quality
- Item #CON004V
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The name is the same, but the new Mountain King is definitely a worthy update over the old. The new tread pattern hooks up securely and reliably as a front tire. The standalone side knobs don't fold or deflect, which keeps me feeling secure in the turns. So far I have had no pinch or puncture flats after a couple of months of riding. In Utah where the soil conditions change drastically, even sometimes on the same trail, these have proven to be a reliable all-rounder.