Select Style & Size
Grand Prix 5000 650 TL Tire
The Grand Prix 5000 TL Tire gives you the ability to ride faster,
with more comfort, and with increased puncture protection compared to
its standard clincher version. As one of the world's largest tire
manufactures, Continental has a host of technologies and compounds it
can lean on, giving it the ability to build the highest quality tires.
Based on the much beloved GP 4000 tires, the 5000 features the new Active Comfort Technology. Continental doesn't go into great detail here other than mentioning that it's embedded in the tire construction and helps to absorb vibrations thus leading to a smoother ride. The other new bit of technology is Lazer Grip where it uses a laser to etch a micro profile that extends over the tire’s shoulder for next-level cornering confidence.
- Conti's first road tubeless tire, now in 650b
- Black Chili compound reduces rolling resistance and increases grip and mileage
- Active Comfort Technology lessens vibrations for a smoother ride
- Vectran breaker technology reduces puncture risk
- Lazer Grip etching improves cornering traction
- Conti's GP5000 TL ushers in a new era of road tubeless tire dominance
- Item #CON005P
- 650 x 25mm
- Vectran Breaker
- Claimed Weight
- 10.2oz (290g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
June 24, 2021
Really really tough to seat
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs small
Nearly two seasons on these and I’m throwing in the towel, will try something new. Love the feel and durability, but these tires are really really tough to seat on my Enve SES 3.4s. I needed to repair a flat (which to their credit doesn’t happen often with these tires) and reseating them is impossible. Have tried all the “tips”, but they are not going back on. Have plenty of life left in them, but since I can’t get it back on it’s turned into a waste of funds that I won’t repeat again.