Titanium Outdry Ex Reign Jacket
What good is a rain shell if it feels soaking wet after only a few miles of hiking in the rain? That's the question Columbia was asking themselves when they searched for the innovative technology behind their Titanium Outdry Ex Reign Jacket. This jacket represents a departure from traditional waterproof shells, which fuse a waterproof and breathable membrane to a synthetic outer fabric like nylon or polyester. This process relies on a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating to bead the water off and prevent soaking on the outer fabric. The only problem with this is that when DWR wears off or needs to be reactivated it can leave your jacket feeling wet and less breathable. Columbia's Outdry Extreme technology instead places the waterproof membrane on the outside of the jacket, eliminating the need for DWR and boosting your immediate and long-term waterproofing and breathability.
In addition to its innovative and reliable waterproofing, this jacket has tons of features to help you thrive in wet weather, like its adjustable drawcord hood that offers coverage and protection for any rainy day on the trail. Zippered underarm vents let you dump heat when you need an extra boost of airflow and breathability on hot days, while the adjustable drawcord hem keeps out chilly temps in cooler weather. Plus, you've got water-resistant zippered pockets that'll keep both trail maps and trail snacks safe and secure.
- Innovative rain shell with durable protection the trail
- OutDry Ex system offers dependable waterproofing and breathability
- Adjustable hood lets you find your ideal fit in stormy weather
- Underarm vents help you cool off quickly on hot days
- Water-resistant pockets keep maps and snacks dry
- Adjustable hem seals out cool blasts of air on windy summits
- Item #COL02NJ
- [membrane/laminate] OutDry Extreme, [face fabric] 100% nylon
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand
- underarm zips
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, casual, hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?