Rad To The Bone Pant
- Insulated pants for skiing and snowboarding
- Waterproof Omni-Tech seals out snow and wind
- Synthetic insulation blocks out chills
- Omni-Heat reflective lining retains warmth
- Articulated, reinforced knees minimize bunching
- Exterior hook-and-loop tabs comfortably adjust the waist
- OutGrown system extends the hem as your kid grows
- Hammerhead reinforced scuff guard enhances durability
- Item #COL02D0
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I purchased these because my 11 year old son had outgrown his Columbia ski bib and requested pants instead of a bib. I've had great luck previously with Columbia products for my boys. However, these pants were not in line with my normal experience. They fit my son well and performed well with one big exception. The fabric above the knees was pretty flimsy.
The first time my son wore them he came back in with two small tears in the fabric by his left hip. I was pretty disappointed and assumed it was his fault. I told him to be careful with his stuff, patched up the holes, and chalked it up as part of raising an active kid. The next morning he put his ski pants on and we headed out to ski. I loaded his skis in the truck for him. Somehow, between the time we left the house and the time we arrived at the resort, he had another hole in the pants. Not having time available to exchange them, I patched them again. Since then, they have held up well. However, I have to say ski pants that get three holes right off the bat is not what I'm looking for.
The good news is the pants have held up for another dozen days since, and my son thinks the patches are cool. The bad news is that I had to spend an extra ten bucks in patches. If you buy these pants, add an extra roll of tenacious tape or some cool patches.