Eco-friendly protection from the elements.
Columbia created the Outdry Ex Eco Down Jacket to provide a guilt-free alternative to its original version without sacrificing performance. Getting caught in a storm is no problem for the non-PFC OutDry extreme membrane, which remains waterproof and breathable while reducing chemical use. The down insulation has a high warmth-to-weight ratio to keep you warm without being overly bulky, and it is RDS-certified to put your mind at ease. The fabric and trims are made from 100% recycled materials, and the dye-free fabric production process reduces the amount water used by over 13 gallons per jacket.
- Insulated jacket for the environmentally conscious
- Non-PFC OutDry Extreme membrane is waterproof and breathable
- 100% recycled trims and fabric are eco-friendly
- RDS-certified down provides sustainable and effective warmth
- Sustainable dye-free production process conserves water
- Item #COL01TG
- Q & A
Warm and Dry
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165lbs
Needed some new gear ahead of a weekend trip to Pennsylvania in late November. Forecast called for cold and a steady rain. Ordered product on a wednesday afternoon and had it shipped directly to PA and it arrived on time on Friday. Was in elements for 8 hours in 39-41 degree (F) rain with mild wind. Waterproof is excellent as rain stood no chance. Also jacket was surprisingly warm. Lightweight. Elastic cuffs and hood kept whole body dry.
Jacket does run a bit big. I'm 5-10, 165lbs and I'm probably in between a SM and M for this product. I purchased the M and will keep it so I can layer under it this winter.