Take the long way.
While you sit down and make a list of new trails and new peaks you'd like to conquer this year, consider your loyal boots. If, after a closer inspection, they're showing signs of wear from an active past couple of summers, consider upgrading to the Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Women's Hiking Boot.
This waterproof ankle boot encourages taking the difficult way over streams, through puddles, and along muddy trails, and it comes with a cushioned midsole that will keep you supported on short days or longer treks with a heavy pack. When you at last emerge from the treeline onto rocky, moonscape summits, you'll be able to trust the Omni-Grip rubber outsoles to keep you stepping confidently into the views your efforts have won you.
- Take on new trails in this supportive hiking boot
- Leather and mesh uppers blend support and breathability
- Ankle height adds support when shouldering a heavier pack
- Stable Techlite midsole absorbs impact for all-day comfort
- Omni-Grip non-marking rubber outsole provides traction
- Item #COL01MI
- Q & A
I really wish I could've kept them, but they are extremely narrow in the toes. I have never needed a narrow, but in this shoe I would.