Why We Like The Cervelo ZHT-5 XX1 Eagle AXS Mountain Bike
We consider the ZHT-5 XX1 Eagle AXS Mountain Bike the road cyclist's mountain bike—it's really that fast. This thoroughbred cross-country hardtail features the XC-specific SID SL Ultimate fork from RockShox, with 100mm of travel for maximum efficiency. The steep 69-degree head tube angle makes the bike feel nimble for quick start-line maneuvers that get us ahead of the pack. Cervelo designed the ZHT-5 with 29in wheels for maximum rollover capabilities and rolling efficiency. Their carbon frame construction takes influence from their gravel and cyclocross experience, with a balance between stiffness for power and compliance for vibration damping.
This ZHT-5 build utilizes top-tier components across the board, starting with SRAM's XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain which provides instant electronic shifting. Our next highlight is the Reserve 28 XC wheels which are lightweight and stiff like you'd expect a high-end carbon hoop to be, but they're also impressively durable. The SID SL Ultimate fork is the top-spec XC fork from RockShox, offering a wide range of adjustments to fine-tune our traction. Grippy Rekon Race tires from Maxxis keep us glued to our line, and EXO tire casing offers some added sidewall protection.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Cross-country race bike for fast-paced trail riding
- RockShox SID SL fork with 100mm travel offers efficient traction
- Featherweight SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain offers a wide gear range
- SRAM Level Ultimate brakes offer lightweight braking performance
- Reserve 28 XC carbon wheels accelerate quickly and hold up over time
- Carbon seatpost cuts weight down for added efficiency
- Maxxis Rekon Race tires with a generous 2.4in width for traction
- Dual water bottle mounts ensure we stay hydrated on race day
- Item #CVL1WY2