Select Style & Size
Make the best, better.
Owning the top-of-the-line SGX Oar is simply not enough—leading a heavy rig through class IV rapids without capsizing takes skills, and you want to be comfortable and confident while you do it. That is why Cataract Oars is offering their stiffest and lightest oar to be outfitted with counterbalancing sleeves and a rope wrap so you are fully prepared and in the zone. Counterbalance sleeves are a great versatile option for adjusting the weight for multiple rowers and changing the position in varying conditions, all without buying a new set of oars. Sleeves also help to reduce fatigue when you are going on day five of a week-long trip. And because you have gone this far to invest in the SGX oar, you best believe you are outfitting your set up with a rope wrap. The rope-wrapping technique does more than just beef-up your oar and pay tribute to rafting history, the rope helps protect the shaft against wearing down, it offers more traction, and less noise against the oar lock so you can have the most enjoyable experience possible on the river.
- An outfitted oar to enhance your experience on the river
- Carbon and fiberglass shaft is extremely stiff and lightweight
- Rubber grip is comfortable for long periods on the water
- Counterbalancing helps reduce fatigue for extended trips
- Sleeves offer versatile options for placement and multiple rowers
- Rope wrapping reduces noise and enhances traction in the oar lock
- Item #CTR000S
- Shaft Material
- carbon fiber, fiberglass
- Shaft Length
- 10ft, 11ft
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- rafting, whitewater
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?