Select style & size:Select options
Made for hauling big rigs through big rapids.
Running the Salmon River in early spring means intense winter run off, causing sunbeam dam, piece of cake, and shotgun rapid to be a bit more technical than what you remember from last August. Show up to the river prepared with your SGX Oar by Cataract Oars and fight the forceful run-off with confidence—the SGX is 33% stiffer than the brand's standard SGG model, making this oar ideal for early spring conditions and class four to five rapids. The rugged and stiff fiberglass and carbon fiber construction gives instant response and precision that helps prevent capsizing a fully-packed raft. And with a higher percentage of carbon you get less weight and more strength, making this oar not only stiffer compared to it's standard model, but also lighter weight for performance that can't be beat.
- Rugged oar for early spring and high-class conditions
- High-quality construction is 33% more stiff than standard model
- More carbon means stiffer yet lighter weight than standard model
- Rubber composite handle gives comfortable grip for long periods
- Designed for maneuvering big rigs through big rapids
- Item #CTR000R