Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Oars we have in stock.View Similar Products
When Spring flushes the run off from the mountain and the river swells, the Cataract SGX Oar is right at home in the churning, extreme conditions. Designed as the big-boat alternative to the Cataract SGG, the SGX offers an extra-long, extra-stiff option for piloting a heavy load in white-knuckle conditions. Cataract has been in the business of making rafting, drift boat, and pontoon boat accessories for over 40 years, and that experience shows in its products.
- Carbon, fiberglass, and epoxy shaft gives this extra-long oar the maximum level of stiffness
- Composite shaft is lighter and stiffer than many of the aluminum and wood options offered by competitors
- Composite-and-rubber handle offers a large grip area and features a no-slip grip surface
- Handle shape and material also help reduce grip fatigue when you're rowing for hours on end in tough conditions
- Item #CTR0016
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is by far the best oar I've used. A bit heavier than the SGG, but I've never noticed a big difference when rowing. If I were to get a whole new set, I'd spend a bit more and get the ones with the counterbalance built into the handles.