Select Style & Size
SGG Oar Shaft
Navigating roaring rapids and swollen rivers with the help of the Cataract Oars SGG Oar. Its lightweight yet strong composite construction flexes and rebounds like wood, only without the extra weight or need for maintenance. This performance translates muscle energy into stroke power more effectively and efficiently, so you have maximum response and control. The end of the handle is notched, which lets you place your thumb in the notch so you can feel where the orientation of the oar is at without taking your eyes off the line ahead of you.
- Powerful and efficient oar for rafting
- Composite construction offers stroke power with less weight
- Handle is notched at end for no-look orientation
- Covered grips for comfortable paddling
- Blade attachment (blade not included)
- Item #CTR000O
- Shaft Material
- fiberglass/carbon/epoxy composite
- Shaft Length
- 10ft, 11ft, 8ft, 8.5ft, 9ft, 9.5ft
- Claimed Weight
- [9ft] 4lb
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 6, 2021
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 12"
- 185 lbs
Replaced a set of Carlisle oars with these. Well worth the investment. Smooth action and beautiful looking too. Can't go wrong.
May 6, 2019
Does the shaft come with a rope wrap?
May 7, 2019
Hi Richard, Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, it does not. If an oar comes with a rope wrap it will state it in the title. If you look at similar items or the product page you will see a handful of options that come with counterbalance and rope wrap. Please give me a call or email me if you have more questions or need assistance finding the right product! Chris