Select style & size:Select options
Make it easier on yourself.
Some boaters will tell you that composite has no business in the world of oars. Most of those people have never experienced the Cataract SGG Oar Shaft with Counterbalance and Rope Wrap, though. Because this raft- and drift boat-ready shaft was designed to flex and rebound like wood, without adding extra weight or maintenance issues. Adding to its efficiency is a four-pound counterweight that do the work for you once the oar is past the oarlock, which really adds up when you're rowing hundreds of times a day. Light, powerful, and responsive, the SGG is Cataract Oars' most popular oar for good reason.
- Lightweight, counterbalanced oar for efficient rowing
- Composite construction offers stroke power with less weight
- Four-pound counterweight assists with each row past the oarlock
- Shaft comes with rope wrap and rubber stopper for quiet rowing
- Covered grips for comfortable paddling
- Blade not included
- Item #CTR000Q
- Q & A
Great new design!
Cataract makes great oars, and these new grips that have a place for you thumb is an awesome design. It allows you to keep your thumb in place and always know where the blade position in the water. I just got back from a 3 day raft trip and it was my first time using the new handles and I truly loved them! The counter balance is great too!