The Castelli Velocissimo 3 Tight No Pad provides just the right balance of soft, fleecy warmth and minimalist support for training in chilly temperatures and blustery conditions. Castelli uses Thermoflex fabric to keep cooler temperatures from plunging your body temperature when you're riding in early-spring and autumn.
The form-fitting cut promotes support and stabilization across hard-working muscles, all while allowing you to wear your favorite cycling shorts underneath for additional padding on longer rides, since it's lacking an integrated chamois. You may want to size up if you're between sizes or layering them over your cycling shorts, seeing they're designed to hug your body like a second skin. Castelli finishes this tight with lower ankle zips for an ideal fit with your cycling shoes, plus reflective details that pop when you're riding through the dark, moody weather.
- Balance of soft, fleecy warmth and support for chilly ride
- Slides over padded cycling shorts for customizable support
- Thermoflex traps warmth from escaping with its fleecy lining
- Lower ankle zips for an ideal fit with your cycling shoes
- Reflective details stand out in low-light conditions
- Item #CST00JT
- Q & A
Vellossimo 3 tight
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These tights are great! Really warm. I have been riding in 30-40 degree weather and my legs stayed warm.
The only negative is I bought a Medium and it was too small. I typically wear mediums so they’re a tiny tiny bit on the small side. The legs are nice in length.
If the pants are too small, you can feel an uncomfortable pressure in your lower abdomen when you’re leaned over riding. I’m trying a large, I’ll update the review after!