Treat them well.
The Solare fabric used in Castelli's UPF 50 Plus Light Leg Sleeves is a synthetic blend with a polyester base, so the Sleeves wick moisture and breathe like a more efficient layer of second skin. Unlike the actual skin they protect, though, the UPF 50 Plus Leg Skins protect against the harmful rays of the sun. Cyclists tend to spend a lot more time under the sun than other endurance athletes, so the added bit of protection is especially appreciated in the saddle. The Leg Sleeves' efficient moisture management also mean they keep you warmer in cool conditions, so they're ideal companions to pack in a pocket during long, July climbs and pull on to ward off speed wobbles caused by shivering during high-speed, chilly descents. Your legs are your engines; treat them well.
- Leg sleeves for riding in sunny, cool weather
- Solare fabric wicks away moisture and breathes well
- UPF 50+ defends you against the sun's harmful rays
- Fast-drying fabric minimizes chills in cool weather
- Form-fitting design layers easily and won't bunch
- Item #CST00CI
- Q & A
Perfect for poison oak protection
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: large (although I have pretty thick legs)
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 160lbs
I live in Los Angeles area and was looking for a light leg sleeve to provide cover against poison oak that I would get on my legs almost every time I ride on tight single track around here. I have had these Castelli sun sleeves for over a year now, use them once or twice a week and they are still working great -- never slip or anything, and very breathable. I would highly recommend and will probably buy another pair.
Good fabric but zippers
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I have used Castelli knee length sun protection sleeves for years and they are great. I thought I would get the full length but they have zippers. Who needs zippers in a sun protection sleeve? Zippers make them uncomfortable. Will be returning for the pearl izumi without zippers.