The handsome Sangiovese Jersey from Castelli is based on its Giro 102 Squadra jersey and celebrates the “Wine Stage” of the 2019 Giro. It's a 34.7-kilometer individual time trial that starts in Riccione and finishes in San Marino. Castelli chose special graphics and colors to represent the Sangiovese, an Italian red grape wine that's extremely popular across Italy and cultivated between the regions of Romagna and Campania.
The origins of this varietal are thought to originate from Tuscany and its name derives from the term “Sangue di Giove” or “blood of Jupiter”, reflecting the bond between wine and divinity. For the jersey's technical traits, it uses a combination of fabrics for an optimal fit, comfort, and quick drying. Its main fabric, Velo Light is lightweight and wicks moisture while the perforated side panels promote breathability. Lastly, the sleeve construction has a raw cut finish for comfort and a modern look.
- Castelli's homage to a Giro stage that goes through a wine region
- Stage 9 is an ITT starting in Riccione and finishing in San Marino
- Fabrics are built to breathe, stretch, and dry quickly
- 3 rear pockets haul riding essentials
- Raw cut arm openings improve comfort
- Full-length zipper allows for temperature regulation
- As official jersey supplier to the Giro, Castelli has a deep passion for the race
- Item #CST00VG
- Q & A
How close is the fit on the Sangiovese as say compared to the Flusso? I went a size up (2XL) on the Flusso and I don’t think it was necessary as the cut was not as tight as most other Castelli jerseys.
Hey John, the Sangiovese is a regular fit where the Flusso is semi-fitted. It sounds like you shouldn't need to size up in this jersey.