Premio 2 Short
Forty years of dedication to anything will no doubt result in a level of expertise that's hard to beat, so we're hardly surprised by the next-level attention to detail and precision that we see in Castelli's Premio 2 Shorts. As a brain child from Castelli's lead product developer, and her 4-decades of tenure crafting kits in the cycling industry, the Premio 2 Shorts are ready to take to the tarmac with an unbeatable fit from Forza fabric, lumbar support, and reduced seaming.
Forza makes up the bulk of the construction, offering 38% Lycra content for generous stretch and support of your muscles, while a dual-layer lumbar band offers extra support to keep the shorts locked in place at the waist while you ride. The reduced seaming means fewer panels, but we'd be lying if we said we didn't think that the seams that are placed strategically throughout the shorts weren't beautifully executed, while remaining minimal. The result is a short that's much less likely to irritate and chafe on the longer rides we embark on.
The Premio 2 Short is finished off with Castelli's Progetto X1 Air Seamless chamois for undeniable comfort through long miles. It's built to be tough, with multi-density foam that strategically targets irritation-prone areas, damping harsh vibrations from the tarmac, while perforations throughout offer an escape for sweat and moisture build up while you ride. The top of the Progetto X2 Air is made from seamless buttery-smooth microfiber that is gentle against your most sensitive anatomy, and aids in moisture transfer.
- A top-tier short crafted with 40 years of expertise
- Forza fabric featuers 38% Lycra content for generous stretch
- Keep waist locked in place with dual-layer lumbar support
- Minimalist seaming reduces irritation and chaffing
- Progetto X2 Air chamois cushions with seamless support
- Raw-edge hem reduces aerodynamic drag in the wind
- Lock your hems in place with help from vertical silicone grippers
- Item #CST00RF