Premio 2 Bib Short
Premio means "prize" in Italian which is a fitting name for Castelli's bib short which sits at the top of its podium. Now in its second generation, the Premio 2 Bib Short is the fruit of the years of labor spent working in the lab, on the saddle, and with pros to make the best short even more comfortable. It utilizes high-stretch Forza fabric with a 38-percent Lycra content for a super soft next-to-skin feel with excellent compressive qualities that never feels binding.
Its nearly seamless construction is derived from its Body Paint shorts, which debuted a decade ago and ushered in the trend of shorts with reduced seams and refined fits. As such, shorts today are less likely to chafe and are more durable. Handling sitting duties is the renowned Progetto X2 Air Seamless chamois with a new skin care layer and a remarkably soft surface fabric with more stretch that allows Castelli to eliminate the front triangle.
No small detail went unnoticed from the new bib construction with a mesh back and a bonded 2-layer bib straps to the new silicone Castelli logos that stretch with the base fabric. A dual-layer lumbar support band keeps the shorts locked in place around the waist while raw-edge leg openings with vertical silicone grippers keep the hem in place during the entire duration of your ride without compensating on the stretch.
- Castell's top-tier racing short built with long-milage comfort
- Forza fabric with 38% Lycra content ensures a perfect fit
- Reduced seams improves fit, comfort, and durability
- Raw-edge leg ending and vertical silicone grippers keep hem in place
- Mesh back with bonded 2-layer bib straps support comfortably
- Silicone Castelli logos stretch with the fabric
- Progetto X2 Air Seamless chamois supports and cushions
- Dual-layer lumbar support band keeps shorts locked in place around the waist
- Item #CST00RX
- Q & A
Great Bib Shorts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 185lbs
Fits great, but I think it runs a bit small. (I usually wear a L but that was too tight for me so I upsized to an WL and it fits great.). Chamois is terrific and rides well. Bib straps are a little tight when standing, but are perfect when riding. I highly recommend.