Some claim it to be the hardest climb in professional cycling, and some avoid it altogether. However, Castelli’s designs the Mortirolo Glove after cycling’s infamous climb and draws inspiration from the mixed weather that tends to occupy its switchbacks. Constructed with Gore-Tex Infinium Windstopper fabric that provides windproof protection and splash resistance from looming clouds and fog, the Mortirolo is rated to withstand 45-59 degree F conditions with ease. The silicone grip seems confident on the bars even in the wet, and the convenient back-of-hand zipper is easy to use while stopping at the café stop near the summit.
- Cool weather cycling glove named after one of cycling's destination climbs
- Windproof and splash-resistant fabric protects during mixed conditions
- Palm provides the grip needed for confindent descents and wet weather riding
- Zippered back secures the fit and reduces the jersey snags of hook-and-loop straps
- Item #CSTZ7DP
- Gore-Tex Infinium Windstopper
- zipper on back of hand
- Claimed Weight
- [pair] 79g
- Recommended Use
- commuting, cross-country, cyclocross, gravel, mud/sand/snow, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
November 4, 2020
Good for Cool Weather
- I've used it several times
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 156 lbs
Pros: great feel, keeps wind at bay; warm for cool weather Cons: runs small, zipper can be difficult to unzip which was supposed to be a key selling point. Probably not the best for cold weather