Mid Weight Short-Sleeve Jersey
When it comes to cold-weather training, versatility in wardrobe is key, and rather than stocking six different tops for various conditions in all manner of temps, keeping items like Castelli's Mid Weight Jersey on hand means that you'll be able to layer to accommodate everything from early fall to deep winter and into spring. The Mid Weight is, well, mid-weight, which means Castelli recommends it in temperatures ranging from 59 - 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
In our experience, cyclists with warmer engines will be comfortable down into the lower 50s and will be uncomfortable around 70. When it gets colder or wetter, the Mid Weight Jersey transitions to a baselayer, adding warmth behind a vest, rain jacket, or even a Windstopper piece like the Gabba. When paired with something like the Gabba, the Mid Weight effectively becomes the insulation portion of a winter jacket, eliminating the need to drop big money on an insulated, all-weather cycling jacket that you'll only actually need a few times a year.
- A versatile cycling jersey for October to March
- Perfect amount of insulation for cool, not cold, weather
- Race fit layers easily under jackets in rain or sub-50 temps
- Stretch material ensures comfort while maintaining sleek fit
- Extended sleeves and collar add additional warmth
- Deep pockets provide space for warmers and accessories
- Castelli's ambitious designs are proven at cycling's highest level
- Item #CST00NP
- Q & A
Awesome - an instant favorite
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Very nice fabric and a great fit. Love the longer sleeves. Perfect for changing weather days in the spring and fall. With warmers and a vest easily works from high 40s to low 60s. I'd call it true to size. 140lbs with 36.5" chest and M fits perfect - not quite full on race fit but very fitted.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
This is the perfect shortsleeved jersey to wear with arm warmers on cool days. Great fit and the rear pockets are easy to reach.
Amazing but very small size
- Fit: Runs small
Quality is incredible, packaging but make sure to order a higher number, I had to return I'm XL I'll change for a XXL