Idro Pro 2 Jacket
The way we see it, the Idro Pro 2 Jacket from Castelli is pretty much the holy grail of cycling rain protection. It's lightweight, packable, highly breathable, waterproof, and aero fitting. As such, it leaves little excuse not to ride even if the radar shows a massive green blob hovering over your vicinity. Using GORE-TEX's much-lauded SHAKEDRY membrane, Castelli saw the opportunity to make a better waterproof jacket and make it lighter than ever before.
Waterproofing and lightweight is a given, however, excessive perspiration is never ideal, so thankfully SHAKEDRY is more breathable than ever. Also, Gore brings its new Topo inserts to the game offering a close fit and easy packability to a jacket that offers protection for all-day riding in the rain. And for ease of convenience, Castelli has given the Idro Pro two external pockets so you don’t have to unzip it to reach to your nutrition on the go.Eagle eyes will note its longer tail shielding you from the back wheel's spray, while not so noticeable details like a soft neck liner are a cozy godsend in less than stellar conditions. And since its made to ride in the rain and the low light conditions that accompany it, Castelli wisely bestows it with reflective piping for safety.
Naturally the comparison between the Pro and the standard Idro 2 jacket will arise and Castelli claims the Pro is more of a workhorse jacket that’s made for the rider who leaves home for an all-day ride in the rain and needs the jacket as a necessity, not a piece that stays in a pocket until it’s called upon.
- A rain jacket featuring GORE-TEX's SHAKEDRY waterproof, breathable fabric
- Stretch Gore inserts at the elbow, shoulder, and side panel improves fit
- Stretch wrist closure eliminates flapping and water ingress
- YKK Vislon waterproof zipper keeps water out yet allows for venting
- 2 external rear pockets let you easily reach necessities
- Silicone elastic waistband secures the fit
- Reflective trim keeps you more visible in low light
- Packs up small and easily stores in a jersey pocket
- Item #CST00RW
- Q & A
Great Rain Jacket
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'5"
- Weight: 185lbs
I love this jacket for my climate where we get some frequent afternoon showers that can be COLD. If stuffs into my jersey pocket nicely anf is reasonably light. Functionally, it's a great rain jacket and pretty warm. The cuffs are quite tight, but I like that. The XL is a tight, but not racing fit on my 6 foot 5 inch, 185 lb frame.