Gavia Mortirolo Jersey
Castelli styles the Gavia Mortirolo Jersey with graphics that celebrate the 226km Alpine stage with 5,700 meters of elevation, arguably one of the most challenging stages of the 2019 Giro. The racers will climb the Passo della Presolana, the Croce di Salven, the famous Cima Coppi, and the Passo del Mortirolo from what's known as the “epic” side of Mazzo di Valtellina. Considered by many as one of the most difficult climbs in Europe, it's forever part of Giro history thanks to a legendary ascent during the 1994 edition by a young Marco Pantani.
The Gavia Mortirolo jersey uses a geometric motif that recalls the countless switchbacks the riders will face. It uses a combination of fabrics for an optimal fit, comfort, and quick drying. Its main fabric, Velo Light is lightweight and wicks moisture while the perforated side panels promote breathability. Lastly, the sleeve construction has a raw cut finish for comfort and a modern look.
- Castelli's tribute to arguably the hardest stage in the 2019 Giro
- Stage 16 is a 226km Alpine voyage with 5,700 meters of elevation
- Fabrics are built to breathe, stretch, and dry quickly
- 3 rear pockets haul riding essentials
- Raw cut arm openings improve comfort
- Full-length zipper allows for temperature regulation
- As official jersey supplier to the Giro, Castelli has a deep passion for the race
- Item #CST00VI