Estremo Shoe Cover
Winter rides never looked all that enticing before. Frozen toes just aren't your thing, and we don't blame you — but neither is the droning whine of the trainer. Castelli aims to make the blustery outdoors a little bit more appealing, with exceptionally warm kits that keep you toasty from head to toe, and the Estremo Shoe Covers take toasty-foot duty very seriously. They're built to handle extreme temperatures, and extreme conditions, rated for temperatures ranging from 4-degrees to 41-degrees Fahrenheit, and packing in GORETEX Infinium membrane for total protection from rain, snow, sleet, and wheel spray. The cover is built from Polartec Power Stretch Pro, which offers a fleece backed lining to trap heat on the inside, while the outer membrane wards off all showers and wind. A high cuff helps seal any gaps between your kit and your shoes, while an AquaGuard YKK zipper prevents moisture from sneaking in the back.
- Take on the harshest winter rides with toasty toes
- Polartec Power Stretch Pro fleece traps in heat
- GORE-TEX Infinium fabric offers windproof water protection
- Seal out every drop of rain and snow with YKK AquaGuard zip
- Ultra-durable fabric under foot helps avoid tears and abrasion
- High cuff seals out icy chills between your kit and shoes
- Stay visible on frosty rides with reflective accents
- Item #CST00UV
- Q & A
A welcome addition to my winter riding
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 160lbs
So first, they are snug. I got them on a size 43 Sidi winter cycling shoe. The first fit will feel like there’s something wrong, but relax, take a deep breath, it fits. It was 31F and windy. The sun just vanished. I was not worried about being cold. It was the last thing on my mind. These are about as good as its going to get. They don’t feel delicate. Although I tend to treat them that way. The fleece is nice. Kind of billowy. Buy these and enjoy your cold rides.
Would these work with gravel/cx shoes like the Sidi Tiger with egg beaters?