Alpha RoS 2 Jacket
For those of us who have not been swooned by months of indoor training during winter, Castelli’s new Alpha RoS 2 Jacket provides a feature-heavy barrier against nature’s bite, ensuring the miles are logged even in the harshest conditions. Continuing Castelli’s impeccable lineage of inclement weather, performance clothing, the Alpha RoS 2 gets a double-layered Alpha construction comprising an inner insulation layer and outer Gore-Tex Infinium wind and water barrier. The layers provide protection down to 23 degrees F as well as superior wind and water resistance to brace against pocket showers or a ride-long drencher.
Castelli manages to engineer subtle and effective traits into the Alpha RoS 2 that, at first glance go unnoticed, but act as welcomed finishing touches you’ll appreciate during mixed weather riding. Further adding to the comfort and warmth characteristics are the high neck, which prevents cold air rushing on the chest, and the double layer cuffs that seal out water and wind, as well as allowing for expert fitting under gloves. A water-resistant zipper and taped shoulder seams seal out areas that are prone to water ingress, while discreet back flaps vent out heat to maintain comfort on rides up to 50 degrees F and during intense interval sessions. Castelli adds drainage holes to the pockets, which provide an extra dose of security compared to the mesh openings of previous jackets, and a zipper side-pocket corrals valuables for the long haul.
- Winter-ready cycling jacket faces the elements in comfort and style
- Double layer Alpha construction insulates and shields from nature’s bite
- Gore-Tex wind and water barrier also provide stretch in riding position
- Water-resistant zipper and double-layer cuff discourage water entry
- Upper-back venting channels manage heat buildup while training
- Reflect drain holes on pockets won’t slow you down
- Rated from 23-50 degrees F
- Item #CSTZ7D0
- Double Layer Alpha, [inner] insulating, [outer] GORE-TEX INFINIUM WINDSTOPPER 150
- waist with drop tail
- [back] venting channels
- 3 rear, 1 zippered
- [pockets] laser-cut drainage holes
- Claimed Weight
- [large] 525g
- Recommended Use
- commuting, cross-country, cyclocross, gravel, mud/sand/snow, road cycling, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
November 21, 2020
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 155 lbs
I've had some good jackets before (lots of Gore Bike Wear, Windstopper is a must). It was time for me to get some a new jacket and I wanted a pair that let me ride confidently year round in Utah with minimal additional layers. This Castelli jacket is form-fitting (typical Castelli) and plenty warm, and I bought the XL because I like it a smidge loose, not skin tight. I wore them today and flying down a canyon for 15 min in 22 degree weather was a good test. My extremities had me thinking frostbite, but my upper body was fine (same with my legs due to Castelli Polare 2). I love the sleeve endings on these, they complement gloves very well. The hip pockets are spacious, and the side zipper pocket is good for the valuables. I also love how high the collar is on this jacket. These are trim enough to wear under a bigger puffy coat for extreme cold situations. I also plan on using these for skinning up ski resorts this winter.