Aero Race 4.1 Solid Full-Zip Jersey
- Deep rich colors in an aero jersey
- Form-fitting, contoured cut reduces drag for more speed
- Dimpled, aerodynamic Velocity fabric wicks moisture
- Neck protector shields against zipper pinching or rubbing
- Zippered rear pocket adds security to small items
- Silicone gripper at waist holds the jersey in place
- Item #CST00KD
- Q & A
Thin and tight
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 140lbs
This is a beautiful jersey: good craftsmanship, good materials, elegant design. But it definitely runs small. I used the sizing chart and, though I was able to put the jersey on due to the stretchy fabric, it was like wearing a compression garment. Also, the material is practically transparent, so I would worry about wind and UV protection if not wearing a base layer.
- Fit: Runs small
This Castelli jersey is designed specifically for riding fast in warm weather. This is one of the best made for this purpose. This is pro level kit.
PROS: Aero, light, and super-ventilated. Wide arm bands. Neck zipper guard. And the quality zipper zips up/down easily (great for climbing).
(1) By design this jersey is light. So, it doesn't hold heavy items (like your expensive smart phone) in the rear pockets well -especially if you unzip the front zipper while climbing. The rear pockets -will- hold an extra tube in the center pocket, energy packs, and soft things like sun arm protectors just fine.
(2) This fabric snags -very- easily on velcro (like many lightweight jersey fabrics do). Be careful if you have velcro on your gloves!
(3) I like to wear mine with one of Castelli's awesome summer vest baselayers underneath (like the "seamless") to maximize sweat ventilation. It's a great combination.
Sizing: It's Castelli. Size up +1. Always.
Fit: Tailored slim for the fit/athletic rider.