Aero Race 4.1 Solid Full-Zip Jersey
- Deep rich colors in an aero jersey
- Form-fitting, contoured cut reduces drag for more speed
- Dimpled, aerodynamic Velocity fabric wicks moisture
- Neck protector shields against zipper pinching or rubbing
- Zippered rear pocket adds security to small items
- Silicone gripper at waist holds the jersey in place
- Item #CST00KD
- Q & A
order larger than what you measure. Large is too small.
Large is so small!
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 185lbs
At 5'10," and 185 lbs of mostly muscle (31 inch waist, 43 inch chest), this jersey is skin-tight, which is odd, as I always wear medium-sized shirts. It's nearly impossible to zip, and the sleeves compress my arms uncomfortably. Otherwise, the jersey is awesome! I'm going to return my Large and get an XL.
Thin and tight
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 140lbs
This is a beautiful jersey: good craftsmanship, good materials, elegant design. But it definitely runs small. I used the sizing chart and, though I was able to put the jersey on due to the stretchy fabric, it was like wearing a compression garment. Also, the material is practically transparent, so I would worry about wind and UV protection if not wearing a base layer.
- Fit: Runs small
This Castelli jersey is designed specifically for riding fast in warm weather. This is one of the best made for this purpose. This is pro level kit.
PROS: Aero, light, and super-ventilated. Wide arm bands. Neck zipper guard. And the quality zipper zips up/down easily (great for climbing).
(1) By design this jersey is light. So, it doesn't hold heavy items (like your expensive smart phone) in the rear pockets well -especially if you unzip the front zipper while climbing. The rear pockets -will- hold an extra tube in the center pocket, energy packs, and soft things like sun arm protectors just fine.
(2) This fabric snags -very- easily on velcro (like many lightweight jersey fabrics do). Be careful if you have velcro on your gloves!
(3) I like to wear mine with one of Castelli's awesome summer vest baselayers underneath (like the "seamless") to maximize sweat ventilation. It's a great combination.
Sizing: It's Castelli. Size up +1. Always.
Fit: Tailored slim for the fit/athletic rider.