If you're known to enthusiastically volunteer to guinea pig huge jumps and drop into hairy lines when the snow is sheer ice, then you and the Capita Supernova Wide Snowboard will get along just fine. This hard-charging board was made to deliver ultra-responsive and poppy performance at a price that's hundreds of dollars less than some of its comparable peers. This wide version of the Supernova prevents toe drag and enhances stability for riders with bigger boots.
It all starts with the traditional camber profile, which provides the stability, power, and edge hold you need when bombing through variable terrain. The stiff flex means it won't wash out when you're dropping into steeps or stomping 60-foot booters. Dual carbon rods running vertically down the board increase pop and rebound, and KEVLAR-bound sidewalls enhance impact-resistance and prevent breaks. The RFC Sustainable Dual core combines light and lively sustainably-harvested poplar with beech inserts running down the center to prevent binding blowouts and increase durability.
Special Blend biax glass provides a smooth, consistent flex, and it's bonded with a new plant-based resin that's less harmful to the environment. Its twin profile allows unrestricted switch trickery, but don't let that keep you from taking this thing out of the park, because it really excels when the terrain gets steep and hairy. The board's finished off with a new Wax-Infused Enduro sintered base for greater durability and long-lasting speed.
- A powerful board for aggressive all-mountain riding
- Camber for pop, response, and edge hold
- Stiff flex is stable at high speeds
- Three-stage sidecut accelerates through turns
- Carbon rods and KEVLAR sidewalls improve strength and pop
- New plant-based resin is less harmful to environment
- Enduro base is Capita's fastest base
- Capita is striving to make snowboarding more sustainable
- Item #CPT004P