Select Style & Size
Kazu Kokubo Pro Snowboard
Chances are if you're reading this right now, then you already know who Kazu is. And if you know who Kazu is, then you probably know that he rides hard and fast, whether he's sending cab 900's off backcountry booters or charging full-speed down massive pillow lines. So when it came time to give him a pro model, Capita knew he needed a powerful, compact board that floats in pow, but can still take off and land switch. The result is the Kazu Kokubo Pro Snowboard.
Unlike most big and surfy pow boards, the Kazu is a quick, maneuverable deck that's packed with explosive power. A slightly tapered directional shape and large, rockered nose keep you afloat in deep snow, while camber from the front insert to the tail ensure it still delivers plenty of pop and edge control. Super lightweight bamboo rods load up and channel energy to ensure your turns are precise and your ollies are snappy. Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier combines the dynamic response of carbon with the smooth, damp feel of flax to help you charge hard through variable terrain. If flying around in powder and launching off every feature you see is your thing, then Kazu's pro model is for you.
- Uniquely-compact and powerful freestyle powder board
- Mostly camber with rocker nose for control and float
- Slightly tapered directional shape enhances float and drive
- Super poppy and light bamboo rods in core for extra strength
- Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier balances response and damping
- Holysheet fiberglass for enhanced strength and response
- Plant-based Magic Bean resin for eco-friendlier performance
- Ultradrive sintered base is the fastest option out there
- Item #CPTO06R
- 151cm, 154cm, 157cm, 160cm
- Alpine V2 (lower-body camber, reverse cambered nose)
- directional, radical taper
- medium-stiff (6.5 of 10 on Capita's scale)
- Effective Edge
- [151cm] 1170.74mm, [154cm] 1206.23mm, [157cm] 1222.63mm, [160cm] 1254.4mm
- Waist Width
- [151cm] 251mm, [154cm] 253mm, [157cm] 255.24mm, [160cm] 257.12mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [151cm] 7.99m, [154cm] 8.2m, [157cm] 8.4m, [160cm] 8.6m
- Stance Width
- [151cm] 19.3 - 24in, [154cm] 19.7 - 24.5in, [157cm] 20.2 - 24.9in, [160cm] 20.7 - 25.4in
- Stance Setback
- Panda Core (P2 Superlight, Bamboo Power Rods)
- Holysheet (triaxial on top, biaxial beneath)
- 360-degree HRC48 steel
- HyperDrive (sintered)
- Recommended Rider Weight
- [151cm] 100 - 150lb, [154cm] 100 - 160lb, [157cm] 130 - 190lb, [160cm] 140 - 200lb+
- Recommended Use
- freeride/powder snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
August 20, 2020
- I've put it through the wringer
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 6` 1"
- 160 lbs
I Love Kazu's style, I Love Kazu's board. I'm lucky to live out west and travel in the winter with a great group of friends. Our crew isn't the easiest to keep up with for me, so I've really come to love Kazu's board when riding bigger, steeper conditions. It's stiff, stable and handles big wide open turns with speed. I ride this board a little shorter then I would other freeride boards. Kazu's board provides a lot of power so coming in a little shorter makes it easier to chase the homies in the trees. The graphic on this board is also insane. The wood top sheet is so rich and classy. The base graphic pops. That's where the graphic content is. Kind of like all those skateboards I rode growing up.
August 19, 2020
- I've used it several times
If you like high speeds and charging, this board is definitely up your alley. It’s super stable and on the stiffer side for sure, but floats pow because of the taper and reverse camber nose. The new topsheet makes this board significantly lighter than last years, and it’s actually really noticeable when you pick it up for the first time. Pair this up with some lightweight bindings and you will have a super nice setup to ride all your favorite big lines.