3 Days Only:
eeWings All-Road Crank Arms
eeWings All-Road Crank Arms
There's no shortage of good carbon cranks on the market, and after years riding them we get that there are benefits in stiffness and weight saving. The thing is, nothing catches our eye quite like a beautiful brushed titanium finish, and with a claimed 20 - 30% stiffness increase over premium carbon cranks on the market at a comparable weight, the Cane Creek eeWings All-Road Crank Arms make us truly question whether carbon fiber really is the best material for the power-driving component on our gravel and all-road bikes. After all, a good crankset should be as light and strong as possible, and the durability, stiffness, and lightweight nature of the eeWings' titanium construction is sure to outlast its carbon counterparts.
The eeWings cranks are another collaboration between Cane Creek and Craig Edwards, who was the driving force behind the proven eeBrakes. He originally designed a similar titanium crank, dubbed Sweet Wings, way back in 1994 and at the time they were the lightest and stiffest cranks available. In fact, much of its designs and features were 10-15 years ahead of its time and help influence crank designs to this day. Cane Creek realized the potential of embracing this design to create something timeless and different, and here we are with these gorgeous titanium cranks that rival the performance and weight of carbon, but are able to take much more of a beating. This makes them a perfect option for the mix of on- and off-road terrain we typically ride on our gravel bikes, but they should not be discounted as an option for your road bike as well. And perhaps the best part, to make them look like new again all it takes is brushing them up with a green scouring pad.
Much like the eeBrakes we also carry from Cane Creek, we're super impressed by the flyweight construction, attention to detail, and absolutely zero compromises. To achieve this, the eeWings arms are constructed of Grade 9 Ti-3AI-2.5V, while the Hirth joint and chainring interface, spindle, pedal inserts, fastening bolt and washer, preload bolt, and chainring bolts are Grade 5 Ti-6AI-4V Titanium. Another thoughtful and high-quality feature includes the 7075 CNC aluminum bottom bracket preloader, no plastic and wood screw parts here, thankfully. The crank weighs a mere 395 grams which is within the weight range of premium carbon cranks, but as mentioned above are a claimed 20% to 30% stiffer. Cane Creek is so confident in the eeWings quality and durability that it backs the cranks with a 10-year limited warranty. The arms are available in 170, 172.5, and 175mm length, and its 30mm spindle is compatible with many bottom brackets on the market. The chainring interface is for SRAM X-SYNC Direct Mount Chainrings for a 1x setup, with 110 BCD spiders available separately for 1x and 2x setups.
- Cane Creek's titanium all-road crank with a 30mm spindle
- Compatible with most BB standards: threaded, PF86, PF/BB30, etc.
- Materials & construction are built to last & can take a beating
- 395g of Ti goodness rivals the weight of premium carbon cranks
- Claimed 20 - 30% stiffer than leading carbon cranks as well
- Easy to make the finish look new again with a green scouring pad
- Uses a 3-bolt SRAM X-Sync Direct Mount chainring interface
- 1x chainrings and 1x/2x direct mount spiders sold separately
- Item #CNE002N
- Arm Material
- Grade 9 Ti-3Al-2.5V
- Arm Length
- 170, 172.5, 175mm
- Bolt Circle Diameter
- SRAM X-SYNC Direct Mount (110 BCD 1x and 2x spiders available for separate purchase)
- BB Type
- BSA 68mm threaded, PF86, BB30 (outboard bearing only), PF30 (outboard bearing only), 386EVO
- Q Factor
- [3mm offset] 47mm, [6mm offset] 44mm
- Compatible Components
- SRAM X-SYNC Direct Mount chainrings, 110 BCD chainrings with separately purchased spider
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 10 year limited