X-Base EST Snowboard Binding
Burton set out to create the lightest, strongest binding with the best possible components, and they succeeded with the X-Base EST Snowboard Binding. This cutting-edge shred powerhouse incorporates space-age materials and a leave-the-fluff-behind EST baseplate to roll out a responsive, lightweight feel that'll make you feel like you're flying.
Starting with the baseplate, Burton made this one using a carbon-fiber blend for an ultralight feel and dampened yet consistent response that dominates the entire mountain. That, paired with the lightweight and responsive Carbon Composite Ultra Highback, gives this bindings a noticeable weight reduction while increasing their strength. The lightweight ThinBED has cushioning in all the right places for the ultimate balance of plush and precision.
The Asym Hammockstrap ankle strap is cored out to keep it lightweight, and it has a nylon strip running down the center that gives you a direct connection to your board at all times. Plus, the laterally supportive shape is reversible to allow you to choose between power or mobility. The Supergrip Capstrap 2.0 is made of grippy rubber and has a 3D-curved, triple-axis construction to deliver extra support and a firm hold when charging hard all over the mountain.
- Feather-light, super-durable binding for aggressive shredding
- Single-component carbon fiber is super light and stiff
- Carbon and nylon highback increases strength and reduces weight
- Hammockstrap and Capstrap are cushy and yield strong hold
- Doubletake buckles increase buckling speed and security
- ThinBED Cushioning stays close to board while softening impact
- Burton pushes the limits of technology and aesthetic innovation
- Item #BUR02HV
- Q & A