Out of this world performance.
We're not sure if the folks at Burton used hard work and innovation to design the X-Base EST Snowboard Binding, or if they just sold their souls to the devil, but this light-as-a-feather binding incorporates space-age materials and a leave-the-fluff-behind EST baseplate to roll out a responsive, lightweight feel that'll make you feel like you're flying.
Dispelling the notion that the baseplate has to be one of the heaviest parts of a binding, Burton made this one using a carbon-fiber blend for an ultralight feel and dampened yet consistent response that dominates the entire mountain. That, paired with the lightweight and responsive Carbon Composite Ultra Highback, gives these bindings a noticeable weight reduction while increasing their strength. The Hammockstrap ankle strap is cored out to keep it lightweight, and it has a nylon strip running down the center that gives you a direct connection to your board at all times. Plus, the laterally supportive shape is reversible to allow you to choose between power or mobility. The Gettagrip Capstrap is made of grippy rubber and has a 3D-curved, triple-axis construction to deliver extra support and a firm hold when charging hard all over the mountain.
- An ultralight, super-durable binding for aggressive shredding
- Single-component carbon fiber is super light and stiff
- Carbon and nylon highback increases strength and reduces weight
- Hammockstrap and Capstrap are cushy and yield strong hold
- Doubletake buckles increase buckling speed and security
- ThinBED Cushioning gets you close to board while still softening impact
- Item #BUR022J