Need advice picking the right gear for your next adventure?Talk to a Gearhead
Select style & size:Select options
Stray from the marked runs.
When all the in-bounds pow at the resort gets chewed up within 30 minutes of the lifts opening, head through the gates with your Burton Side Country 18L Backpack (and a riding buddy) and shred freshies to your heart's content. This pack sports a low-profile, body-hugging design that won't seem like a burden when you're doing quick out-of-bounds laps, but still offers enough room for all the backcountry essentials.
Even if you rode a lift to get to the gate, you still need all your avalanche safety gear, which is why Burton included a dedicated snow tool pocket on this pack. It also has A-frame and vertical board carry options for when the gate is simply a starting point for more ambitious ascents. The ergonomic shoulder harness and minimalist waist belt ensure a stable, comfortable fit when you're riding down, and airflow zones on the compression-molded back panel keep you from getting bogged down with sweat during the approach.
- A small pack for heli-drops and backcountry laps
- PU-coated Cordura fabric is super durable
- 20L capacity is ideal for a half-day trip
- Ski and snowboard carry lets you haul your gear with ease
- Adjustable ice axe carry for technical ascents
- Front panel access lets you quickly grab a snack
- Item #BUR029J