Select Style & Size
Side Country 20L Backpack
When all the in-bounds pow at the resort gets chewed up within 30 minutes of the lifts opening, head through the gates with your Burton Side Country 18L Backpack (and a riding buddy) and shred freshies to your heart's content. This pack sports a low-profile, body-hugging design that won't seem like a burden when you're doing quick out-of-bounds laps, but still offers enough room for all the backcountry essentials.
Even if you rode a lift to get to the gate, you still need all your avalanche safety gear, which is why Burton included a dedicated snow tool pocket on this pack. It also has A-frame and vertical board carry options for when the gate is simply a starting point for more ambitious ascents. The ergonomic shoulder harness and minimalist waist belt ensure a stable, comfortable fit when you're riding down, and airflow zones on the compression-molded back panel keep you from getting bogged down with sweat during the approach.
- A small pack for heli-drops and backcountry laps
- PU-coated Cordura fabric is super durable
- 20L capacity is ideal for a half-day trip
- Ski and snowboard carry lets you haul your gear with ease
- Adjustable ice axe carry for technical ascents
- Front panel access lets you quickly grab a snack
- Item #BUR029J
- Responsible Collection
- Certified B-Corp
- [maui sunset heather] 900D nylon, 500D nylon Cordura, PU coating, [black cordura] 305D polyester Cordura, 500D nylon Cordura, PU coating
- 20L (1220cu in)
- low-profile body-hugging
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- Hydration Compatible
- front panel
- [external] 2 side accessory, 1 zippered goggle, [internal] snow tool organization, 1 zippered mesh
- Ski Carry
- Snowboard Carry
- Helmet Carry
- Ice Axe Carry
- 5.5 x 12.5 x 19.7in
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 3oz
- Recommended Use
- skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
March 2, 2020
- I've put it through the wringer
Perfect backpack for a day at the mountain. Put it to the test riding some hard lines and deep powder. Pack is extremely comfortable and did not disappoint.
March 2, 2020
Heck yeah! Thanks for an awesome review William.