Eliminate overlapping socks and layers.
For riders that dislike overlapping socks and baselayers, the Burton Men's Midweight Shant locks in warmth at your legs with a shorter cut that falls just above your shred boots. The DryRide Ultrawick 200 fabric pulls heat-robbing moisture away from your skin while locking in body heat from escaping in shivering-cold weather. This midweight fabric has ample stretch for total freedom of movement, so you're never held back from slashing, spinning, and jibbing across the mountain. Other notable features include chafe-free seams for buttery-soft comfort, as well as an antimicrobial finish for lasting freshness on the mountain.
- Sits just above boots to eliminate overlap with socks
- DryRide UltraWick 200 fabric for moisture-wicking warmth
- Stretch 360° for unrestricted movement on the mountain
- Chafe-free seams eliminate irritation and chafing
- Antimicrobial finish for lasting freshness
- Soft elastic waistband for a secure fit
- Item #BUR01F2
- Q & A
The bit of warmth
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
I need a bit more of insulation under my Theta SV bibs when it is cold. So I decided to add the Shunt to my Enegry Accumulator underwear. It was a perfect combination for skitour when temperature was about -10 C. The size purchased is a bit too large but I did aim to loose fit and the whole three layers worked comfortably.