Only quits when you do.
Lesser jackets would have you scurrying for the lodge when ominous weather rolls in, but that's far from the case with the Burton Men's Radial Jacket. Crafted with a Gore-Tex two-layer fabric, and with fully taped seams, the Radial delivers top-notch waterproof and breathable performance through some of the nastiest conditions in the mountains while also keeping you toasty warm with Thermolite insulation. If you overheat while sculpting the perfect backcountry booter, underarm mesh gussets help you cool down in a pinch, and the powder skirt, adjustable hood, hem, and cuffs all bulk up the protection against snow.
- A shell jacket for skiing, snowboarding, and snowy adventures
- Gore-Tex keeps you dry during wet and snowy days
- Living Lining adapts to your body heat for comfort
- Removable powder skirt keeps snow out of your jacket
- Hood conforms to helmet for a smooth, protected interface
- Water-resistant media holster holds your music safe
- Zippered goggle pocket allows you to keep a fresh pair
- Bluesign-approved fabrics are ethically sourced
- Item #BUR01C9
- Q & A
Solid jacket for the price
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 175lbs
I'm pretty happy with this jacket. I've worn it about a dozen days in everything from literal pouring rain to bluebird. It's definitely water proof. I don't usually wear much under it, the insulation makes it fairly warm. If you want to payer up that's no problem. I like that it has a little more warmth than a pure shell, mostly for the times you're not on the hill but still wearing it to the bar or in the car.
My primary complain is that you can't adjust the neck closure of the hood that well. So when I don't have something around my neck it feels like it catches a lot of wind and just shoves it down your back. I wish there was an adjustment there.
It's also a little short on pockets, there are only 4 but both chest pockets are on the same side. My previous jacket had 4 on the outside and 2 on the inside which was more flexible.
Overall though I'm happy with it, especially for the price.
Red Ready to Shred
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 210lbs
Great fitting jacket with all the necessary bells and whistles to keep the ride positive. Not the super lightest, but seems to be the right balance of insulation and shell. Too early to know for sure, but let's hope the snow flies soon!
Does this jacket have pit zips?