Photon Snowboard Boot
Created with hard-charging freeriders and hungry powder hounds in mind, the Photon Boa Snowboard Boot dials in a precise, powerful feel for attacking the steep and deep. The Dual Zone Boa closure lets you tighten the upper and lower zones separately with the spin of each dial, giving you a precise fit for laying into swift carves and straight-lining steeps. Burton also incorporated Lockdown tech, which means the lacing wraps behind the ankle to prevent heel lift from sapping your power transfer. All of Burton's Boa systems make use of New England Ropes for the lacing, ditching Boa's traditional steel wires for the natural flex and robust durability of this climbing-quality rope.
The aggressive flex gives you the instantaneous response desired for leaving your mark on natural terrain features and carving up freshly groomed runs. Seeing it's one of Burton's high-end boots, it's hooked up with an Imprint 3 liner that's both supportive and resistant to breakdown over the course of a long season. This heat-moldable liner not only conforms to your feet to alleviate pressure points, but it's equipped with a removable J-Bar system for better heel hold. And to ensure optimal traction when you're scrambling along sketchy peaks in pursuit of powder, the Photon Boa's Vibram EcoStep sole features Ice Spikes that remain soft and grippy in cold conditions, much like you'd experience with a winter-specific tire for your vehicle.
- Aggressive, precise freeride/powder boot with a locked-in feel
- Medium-stiff flex serves up powerful energy transfer and support
- Dual Zone Boa independently tightens upper and lower zones
- Burton's Lockdown tech wraps ankle to eliminate heel lift
- New England Ropes laces offer more natural flex than steel cables
- Imprint 3 liner with a heat-moldable fit to eliminate discomfort
- Vibram EcoStep rubber sole with Ice Spikes for extra traction
- Sleeping Bag reflective foil traps and reflects body warmth
- Item #BUR02YS