Whether you're spending the month of January lapping up Hokkaido's famed trees like a pow-starved beast or road tripping to Hood for summer slush laps on the Palmer Glacier, the Burton Men's Ion Snowboard Boot delivers the aggressive flex and uncompromising support desired by riders not willing to skimp on comfort or response throughout the season. Instead of being a freeride specialist like Burton's Driver X, the Ion lends itself to all-terrain domination with its responsive flex that's responsive enough for charging, without being an overly stiff brick when you're tweaking grabs and carving with stylish flair. Case in point, you'll find some of the world's best riders rocking these boots for progressive freestyle and steep-and-deep pursuits alike, such as the likes of Burton's Danny Davis and Mark McMorris.
Introduced last season for improved comfort, Outer Shell Pressure Relief Panels place soft gel cushioning where your bindings cinch down to alleviate pressure points and hot spots. The Life liner carries over from last season, bringing with it an improved fit straight from the box compared to the previous Infinite Ride liner. The Life liner is highly resistant to breakdown over the course of a long season, meaning it retains its responsive feel without feeling flimsy when you're approaching day 100 of riding well into spring months. It's hooked up with Burton's DryRide Heat Cycle lining, which is a thermally activated material that retains toasty warmth in downright frigid conditions.
- Aggressive boot with uncompromising support for all-terrain riding
- Mid-stiff flex excels at freeriding, powder laps, and big jumps
- Speed Zone lacing tightens upper and lower zones independently
- Shrinkage technology reduces footprint by an entire size
- Life liner offers improved fit while resisting breakdown
- Low-profile EST Optimized sole for superb feel underfoot
- ReBounce cushioning absorbs flat landings and choppy snow
- AutoCant dual-density sole for natural stance alignment
- Item #BUR022W