Select style & size:Select options
Family Tree Trick Pilot Snowboard
There's no such thing as restricted airspace for the Burton Family Tree Trick Pilot Snowboard. Built to be an all-mountain beast, but bred with the heart of a freestyle board, the Trick Pilot loves hitting the jump line in the park, popping off of sidehits, and spinning into powder landings.
Its medium-stiff flex ensures it can hold up to laid-out carves and high-speed steeps, without feeling like a plank when you're surfing pow turns and buttering around the mountain. PurePop Camber is camber from insert-to-insert, but just outside the feet are subtle flat zones leading into early-rise rocker, giving the board a smoother, less catchy feel so you don't get severely punished for the slightest under-rotation.The Superfly II core uses lightweight woods that specifically target strategic areas to drop weight and increase pop, and Dualzone EGD adds edge control by placing perpendicular strips of wood along the edges. Burton threw in an ultralight Carbon I-Beam for serious pop, so you can boost off everything in sight.
- Powerful all-mountain weapon with a freestyle soul
- PurePop Camber offers pop and response without the catchiness
- Medium-stiff flex for stability, response, and power
- Twin shape allows unrestricted switch trickery
- Carbon I-Beam enhances pop with minimal added weight
- Squeezebox profiling enhances board control and pop
- Sintered WFO base is ultra-fast and ultra-durable
- Infinite Ride ensures board feels same from day 1 to 100
- Item #BUR02IJ
- Q & A
Burton Delivers the Goods with this one
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
It's still early in the season but I've spent about 10 days on the Trick Pilot and I'm blown away. The combination of a twin shape, pure pop camber and squeezebox but add the stiffness and edge hold of a bigger mountain board and you get an incredible shape that can turn any conditions into a fun time.